Wednesday, March 7, 2007
Thing #19
I looked at the Web 2.0 awards for mashups because I didn't really have a clear understanding of them. According to Wikipedia they're websites or applications that "combine content from more than one source into an integrated experience." That seemed to cover everything from the library's web page to its databases. Then I got the sense they were more like robots that scan the web for specific rss feeds, tags, etc. and/or they're applications that are combined, like in Google's Map of the Stars. The Web 2.0 awards for "mashups and more" went to JudgeJohnRoberts, Ning, and LivePlasma. Well, LivePlasma seemed like a visual search engine so I plugged in the movie "Little Miss Sunshine" and got suggestions like "Wall Street," "Rogue Trader," and "A Kiss Before Dying." (?) Next I went to Ning and it looks just like MySpace. Finally, JudgeJohnRoberts - the 1st place award winner - seems like a newsvine for the legal community with just a little relevance to the good judge. Was about to give up the ghost when a friend of mine suggested I check out ProgrammableWeb...considered the prime site to go for mashups and information and advice. Light dawns.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment